In support of our new PBIS program we are aiming to have an incentive giveaway every Friday for our students and staff. To accomplish this we need donations. Please share with everyone you know this link to our (ever changing and expanding) Amazon wishlist. Those who wish to donate items simply need to buy from the list, the items will be charged to the buyer and shipped directly to the school.
"Staff and students acknowledge positive behaviors in each other, creating a safe and welcoming environment in which everyone feels like they are an integral part of the Aurora Hills Middle School community. A positive school culture and climate is necessary in order for every student to accelerate their learning and for staff to eliminate the barriers to achievement. "
2019-20 And 2020-21 District Calendar Released
Dear APS Parents and Guardians,
We are pleased to release the 2019-20 and 2020-21 district conventional calendars. In fall 2018, APS convened a Calendar Committee that included staff, parents and school leaders. At the Jan. 8 APS Board of Education meeting, the committee recommended calendars that are responsive to supporting student achievement. The Board approved both calendars at the Jan. 22 meeting. Below are a few highlights for the 2019-20 school year.
• First Days of School: Students in grades 1-12 will have a simultaneous start on Aug. 6. As we have done in the past, preschool and kindergarten students will start school the following week on Aug. 12.
• Full-Day Professional Release: APS eliminated the half-day early student release to ensure uninterrupted learning. There are now five full professional release days held Sept. 27, Oct. 21, Dec. 6, Jan. 6 and Feb. 28, in addition to the district in-service day on Jan. 31.
• Fall Break: APS will continue to have a full-week Fall Break held Oct. 14-18 with Oct. 11 and 21 slated as student non-contact days. It occurs at the end of first quarter to ensure uninterrupted learning.
• Thanksgiving Break: APS will maintain a three-day Thanksgiving Break for students. It will be held Nov. 28-29 with Nov. 27 slated as a student non-contact day.
• Winter Break: APS will continue to hold Winter Break at the end of December and the beginning of January. It will be held Dec. 23 through Jan. 3 with Dec. 20 and Jan. 6 slated as student non-contact days.
• Spring Break: APS moved Spring Break from the last week of March to the third week of March. It will be held March 16-20.
Adjustments, such as the first days of school, were made to the 2020-21 district conventional calendar to accommodate for the leap year. Note: Individual school calendars may vary. Please check with your child’s school for specific calendar information. We look forward to the new calendars supporting us in helping every student shape a successful future. Thank you for your continued support.